Life is about Making A Difference...

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Quotes on Change

Change
Change

"Life is a progress, and not a station."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Life is meant for living... I know that sounds simplistic, but how many days do you let slip by without really doing something, accomplishing something, making a life change, a lifestyle change? "
- Ivana Trump

"I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better."
- G. C. Lichtenberg

"Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights."
- Pauline R. Kezer

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living."
- Gail Sheehy

"There are ... two kinds of people: those who are changing and
those who are setting themselves up to be victims of change.
As the world continues to march on around us, if I am only maintaining the status quo - if I'm not growing - then I'm falling behind."

- Jim Clemmer

"Without change there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable."
- William Pollard

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
- Alan Cohen

"The only man I know who behaves sensibly is my tailor; he takes my measurements anew each time he sees me. The rest go on with their old measurements and expect me to fit them."
- George Bernard Shaw

"You are the way you are because that's the way you want to be.
If you really wanted to be any different,
you would be in the process of changing right now."
- Fred Smith

"Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands."
- Clint Eastwood

“你继续试着去改变外在的世界, 但不论你做什么,世界都没有改变,
因为你没改变。

不管去到哪个环境,如果你不改变心境,
那么你到哪里都一样。”
- 何权峰著《幸福早知道就好》

No comments: